Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 31, 2011

In your face Dave Ramsey!

Well, we paid off the land rover today (Jan 27th)!! In your face Dave Ramsey! LOL We are so excited that we took the opportunity to get some "in your face" and "the real world" lessons on finances. We are now back on track and have a GOAL!! The car was $6,504.09 to pay off! That is such a big number! We decided to use the student loan money to pay it off. In the end, the interest is WAY lower, that gave us $172 instantly to be putting towards savings, and we are one step closer to our goal: me staying home!! This also allowed us to drop our car insurance to liability...we were paying $176 per month....now it will be right around $90! We've also decided to get rid of our internet service, which is $32 per month. We always use our neighbors WIFI (with his permission!), and haven't logged on to our internet in months. This gave us a savings of $290 per month! We've re-worked our monthly budget. We are now tithing 10% (which we've always done) AND "paying ourselves" 10% of our paychecks (which we have NEVER done!)!!!! This is so awesome! Our new budget started today, with the first paycheck of February! I'm SO very glad that we are saving! This will help us get to the next goal: 3-6 months of living expenses in savings! It seems like a lofty goal, but with our new found extra money, we will be there in no time flat! It is amazing to see God's hand at work on our finances. We've decided to get central heat and air with our tax return. Even though that would be a huge chunk of change to be able to hang on to...I don't really want to stay at home in a house with kiddos that is miserable in the summer and miserable in the winter! I consider this as a huge investment for when, someday far away, we sell our house. It is, by far, the biggest and most costly project on our list. It will make our house SO much more enjoyable, not only for ourselves, but for our guests as well. I can't wait to get it done! We are on week 2 of Dave Ramsey, and so far....awesome! I will be posting more about this as the class continues, and Jeremy and I are supposed to be looking at some numbers that I will also post later.

"No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it." Hebrews 12:11

On another note, my baby is 13 months! I can't believe how fast the time just flies! She is such a joy and is so dear to my heart! She is talking away...at about 20-25 words! My mom calls her a little myna bird...always copying what you are saying! Her newest word that I LOVE: Bible! Every time I sing "Jesus Loves Me" and it comes to the word Bible, she will just say it over and over again! I will have to get a video of this, but haven't yet! We went to Dalhart for a quick trip, and had fun with Grammie at the park (even though she was running fever). It was just too beautiful of a day to miss out! I will post those pictures in a little while, when I update this post!! Anyway...off to hair bow making! Valentine's Day is just around the corner!

Krystole

Just a swingin'
This looks fun!
1st time in a swing 1/28!

No comments:

Post a Comment