Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 3, 2011

Flab-be-Gone!

Well, as I'm sure half of the world did, I joined a gym! It's a new gym in town, Planet Fitness, and it is only $10 a month! Where has this been all my life? Finally, someone is beginning to understand that lower and middle class families want to be more healthy, but it is so hard to fit into a tight budget! I'm really excited about this, and I have an accountability partner, Mary, so that should help too. They have all the normal gym equipment, but then they also have a 30 minute express workout (similar to Curves). This is what I am very excited about. I keep telling myself, "Really? Do I not have THIRTY minutes a day?" Once I say that out loud, I realize that if I can't keep this up, I'm in some serious health dilemmas! Not only am I wanting to get rid of the baby weight (which, in all reality, isn't baby weight at all....it's my thyroid!), but I am also just wanting to be more healthy and energetic for myself and for my family. I know that I will feel better, and be better because of it. This is our second day to go. We plan on going Monday-Friday for the 30 minute workout, and then resting on the weekends. Planet Fitness buys pizza on Monday's....and they have tootsie rolls for you on your way out. It's the "No judgement zone" gym. Personally, I think they are testing me!! LOL So far....so good....minus a tootsie roll or two! It's not your typical...."You must be in perfect shape before going to the gym" gym...it's real. People are there who are struggling with their weight, and I am one of them! It's encouraging to see. I know that I will not be perfect, because life just happens, but I do hope to succeed more than fail!! Not only do I want to be around longer for Jeremy and Natalee, but also I plan on having more kiddos...and I just don't want to be fat forever! I've found a new doctor...who seems to be awesome. I'm hoping that she can help me get my hypothyroidism under control. As of the last lab work, my thyroid was at 119. Normal is between 1 and 4. The office said they had never seen that high before! This explains the sudden weight gain...at least I have a reason! I'm enjoying it thus far, and yes, I realize it is only day 2...but I am looking forward to doing it again tomorrow. 30 minutes......very do-able!

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Krystole

No comments:

Post a Comment