Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, January 14, 2011

Smartie Pants

Natalee seems to really be catching on to this whole "talking" thing! Just today...she repeatedly said "duck" while in the tub! She never ceases to amaze me! She can now say (2 weeks shy of 13 months): ball, baby, bow, blanket, momma, daddy, dog, duck, bubble, balloon, "roar" like a lion (refer to video posted!!), "ahhh" for her cup, book, diaper, that and uh-oh! She can shake her head "yes" and "no." She can sign more, please, all done, and thank you. She can look at the wall, ceiling, light, and floor when asked. She can headbutt, blow kisses, and give hugs to her baby. She can do patty cake. She can "turn the page" in her storybooks when it is time. She's just a sponge! Today I took her to the park after work. She loved walking on the sidewalk...of all things! She would walk to the grassy areas, and then walk excitedly over to the sidewalk, where she would "stomp" her feet a little harder while she walked. She loved looking at the ducks! She would lean far over and do a crazy laugh, while hitting herself in the head with her hand! This was her way of being crazy and excited! She is such a crack up! She loves being outside exploring God's creation. I try to say things like, "Look at what God made for us and what a beautiful day God has given us." I figure the more that I can "implant" the word God in her head, the more she will become accustomed to it being a part of her daily life! I posted a comment on facebook the other day...."Our children are the future, and the future NEEDS Jesus." I was pretty proud of this post. It really just hit me...the children that are growing up with Natalee are the same ones that she will attend school with, go to football games with, dance with, play with, and become friends with. That is when I realized that not only does MY child NEED Jesus, but all of my friends' children need Him too...we all need Him. Oh how I wish that every child would be in a home where the name of Jesus was honored, loved, adored, and cherished! Natalee will be taught Jesus in our home, but what about all of the children she will grow up with? Now, I want to add them to my list of "daily" prayers...Natalee's school mates. I pray that they will grow up in Godly households, know the name of Jesus, have parents that are actively involved in church and their spiritual growth, and that they will grow and develop into the wonderful gifts that God has in store for them. I know...a lofty prayer indeed, but I feel that for some, prayer is all that will get them through....besides, a prayer never hurt anyone!

"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6

Having fun on the slide!

Playing with Kate!

Looking at the ducks...

Krystole

No comments:

Post a Comment