Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 3, 2011

Our Little Lady

Natalee's Cake!




Mommy & Daddy with Natbug!

 

She LOVED it!!

Mesmerized by the light!
January 1st not only marked the beginning of a New Year, it also marked the day of Natalee's first birthday party! Her entire first year has been filled with Ladybugs, so that is what we decided to be the theme of her party! We didn't find out the sex of our baby, until SHE arrived! After we knew we had a girl, we then picked out bedding to decorate her nursery. We chose a ladybug theme, that didn't have much pink! She then became labeled "Natbug." She wore ladybug stuff home from the hospital, took pictures in ladybug attire, was a ladybug for Halloween....you get the picture. Now, it's time for her 1st birthday! I can't believe how quickly it has gone! It was held over at our house at 2pm. All of her Great Grandparents (Leon & Elaine, John, and Jim), all her grandparents (Brian & Tammy, Robyn), all of her aunt's and uncle's (Drew & Trista, Krysta), and SO many friends were there! What a great way to ring in 2011! We made cupcakes, and Natbug had her own little cake to devour, which she most certainly did! I redecorated the entire dining room in all of her ladybug decor from her nursery! It was a little ladybug land! We had black, red, white, and pink accents. I love "themes" and I love details! We had strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla cupcakes, all decorated with a #1, a ladybug, polka dots, or sprinkles! She got so many wonderful gifts, some of them include: Clothes, ladybug suitcase, ladybug pillow, ladybug Bible, shape sorter, keys and camera, babies, books, and bath toys! She is so loved! She LOVED opening presents, and has really gotten the hang of it since Christmas was just a few days ago!!
Now, it's time to go through her toys, get rid of the "baby" ones, upgrade to the new ones, and donate the rest. If you know me at all, you know that I can't stand clutter...although my life is usually still full of it! We are using my hope chest as her toy box, after it gets a little make-over. It's going to be used as a window seat in her room as well, I can't wait to see the finished product.
Her party was a huge success, and an enjoyable time for all that attended. We are so grateful that we have so many friends that love our little lady!

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14
Krystole

No comments:

Post a Comment