Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Diarrhea of the Mouth

   So, I am like a million doctor appointments behind now. This whole "going-once-or-maybe-twice-a-week" thing is really hard to keep up with. So, this post will be a "diarrhea of the mouth" post about all that has happened since my last post. Ok, not going to list dates, because honestly, I have no clue when I learned what info! Oh well, at least it's getting into some sort of journal, even if it's not an organized one! Ready, set...READ!
    I went back to the doctor (insert date here), for a check up on the good ol' cervix. By the way, bed rest so far hasn't been the worst thing ever...yet. I am hanging in there. Anyway, back to the cervix. The first time I went back, no change had occured. That is a great thing. They told me to keep doing what I was doing, which is pretty much nothing...and good job. The next time I went to have it checked (weird calling my cervix, "it")...it had actually lengthened a bit!! That was excellent news, and really made me want to keep following the rules, which I have been doing. When you know that it is making a difference, it sure does help. For those of you who just long to know the length of a shortened (but now longer cervix), it was at a 2.8 (up from a 2.4!). Yes, I will take that! I have had a sonogram since I last posted as well. It was a quick one, just to check up on the fluids and such. Everything looked great. I was really hoping that they would measure the boys so I could see how much they weighed (Aiden was 2 lbs 8 oz and Barrett was 2 lbs 10 oz), but alas...not this time. I can't wait to know. At each appointment, we've had great news. We are so thankful to the Lord up above for giving our boys more time in the oven. Each week they are in there is so helpful to their overall development. Tomorrow will mark 3 weeks on bed rest, and I couldn't be more happy. I actually had an appointment today (6-27)...there, I did know one date at least! There were still no changes in the cervix, and I had actually lost a pound on the scale. How is that possible? I am eating and doing nothing...and lose a pound?! Why can't that happen everyday? I think I am up to 13 pounds gained now, and couldn't be happier about that either. I am 29 1/2 weeks along today...and measuring 37 weeks! Those boys are growing! Today the doctor said, "I would really like 4 more weeks, love 6 more weeks, and would save you at 8 more weeks!" I can't believe how close it is to really happening. I am so glad that my appointments are going well, and that God is giving them more time to grow and develop. My doctor also joked that we would probably be evicting the boys instead of trying to keep them in, if the progress keeps going like it is. YAY! Good news all around!

My mom was able to come down for another long weekend. We got a lot of stuff done to the nursery! I am now happy to say that if the boys do come, I feel that the room is to the point where it is ready enough to be used. It may not be perfectly finished, but it is useable. We got all of their clothes washed, folded and put away. We also got the closet organizers put in, and the closet in working order. It will be great, I think. We got the curtains made in the nursery as well. I love how they turned out! This is not the greatest picture because of the lighting...but you get the picture.
We also got the door wreath for the hospital made. I am so excited about how it turned out (I will probably use the phase "....how it turned out" at least 5 more times, be prepared). We only made one door wreath, so that way it can hang on the front of the nursery door when we get home from the hospital. Natalee still has hers hanging on her door, I don't think I will ever take it down. My mom made it by herself, and I love it.
I can't wait to get the boys pictures in the hospital like this too! I love this picture, and the little girl in it! Anyway, here's a few pictures of the boys door hanger.
Each boy has their own "side" to fill in all the details when they arrive. Natalee is the mermaid (of course, what else) and I am so glad we included her as the big sister on their wreath. I am in love with their names on the swords and with the feathers and chains and coins....ok, all of it. I really LOVE it. I am anxious to get to fill all the blanks out and for our sweet boys to be at home with us.
The last project we worked on was transforming an old ceiling fan into an, eventual, treasure map. We used scrapbook paper to cover the wooden side of the fan blade. I think it's going to turn out really cute. So far, I have gotten all the blades covered, but haven't started on any of the treasure map. I can't wait to see the finished project. Here's a picture of what the treasure map will kind of look like. I will keep you updated!
Ok, diarrhea of the mouth is now complete. I will try to keep up so these long posts will not exist!
Krystole

No comments:

Post a Comment