Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, May 14, 2012

Mom's Day

So, I haven't blogged in a while, I have been busy with a lot of little projects here lately. I can't go any longer without talking about Mother's Day. We kept it low key (that's kind of what you do on a one income budget!). We got up, went to church and came home. Jeremy cooked a huge and yummy breakfast for me...and technically for Natalee and himself as well. Pancakes, bacon and eggs were on the menu. SO good. I got a new pyrex dish, which to some of you may sound like one of those gifts close to a vacuum cleaner or a blow dryer, but I loved it! Before the boys come, I am really hoping to prepare some freezer meals...like 365 of them would be amazing. In order to do this, I really need more than one pyrex dish! So, the hubs came to the rescue.
 I got the greatest tip from a friend about freezing foods, and thought I would share with you. I have always thought (when freezing food) that I would 1) need gallon sized baggies for the food to be frozen in to or 2) need a million and one pyrex dishes with the lids to store and stack them in. I personally leaned towards option number two, just because it's already in the dish and ready to go straight into the oven. My friend told me to cook the dish in the pyrex, freeze it for a day or so, take it out and run some hot water on the bottom and then the frozen food will pop right out...and store that in a gallon size baggie. Now, when you are ready to cook the meal, it's already in the shape of your pyrex and you can just pop that baby back into its sweet little casserole home and cook! The other plus is that each meal you freeze will be the same shape and will also stack well. This was seriously like the best tip ever. Now, if I could just get some extra time and extra money to start baking some extra stuff...not to mention some extra energy too!
We also started what I think will be a Mother's Day tradition...buying flowers for the porch. Every year, about this time, I get porch envy. There I said it. I am not proud of it, but I just can't help it!! I am so much like my dad in the outdoor area! I dream about the day that we will be able to redo our flower beds (right now they are full of box woods), sand and repaint our porch, tear up the asphalt looking stuff and maybe do some stained concrete and also re-stain the porch swing. This is not even mentioning the backyard, which is pretty much like a desert waste land as of now. I am really hoping to put up a privacy fence and plant new grass by next summer. This momma is going to need a place for the kiddos to play, where I can feel they are safe. There's just something about the flowers that make me feel happy. So, the other part of my mom's day gift were four hanging flower pots! I can't wait to see them grow and bloom. We bought these last year (or maybe the year before) and I just remember feeling like our porch was now located in Hawaii or something. I told Jeremy that I would be MORE than happy to receive flowers or pretty pots or whatever kind of outdoor pretty thing that he could find every year. Now, I have it in writing, so I will be able to show him that we really talked about it!
Anyway, it was a great day. Nothing big, nothing fancy...but just how I like it. Family time, God time and outdoor time...Happy Mother's Day to me. Of course we had a Mother's Day photo shoot...it wouldn't be right of me to miss these moments!

Krystole

No comments:

Post a Comment