Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, December 12, 2011

Oh What Fun...

   I have always loved Christmas time. I love the lights, the parties, the food and the presents! I love all of the manger scenes and the snowmen. I love intentionally thinking of others while buying gifts. Christmas is SO fun. Natalee has brought a whole new level of fun to the Christmas plate. I am so excited to do Christmas crafts, and take her to look at lights, and teach her the true meaning of Christmas.
  This year we are only buying her 3 gifts, just like Jesus received. If it's good enough for Jesus, it is good enough for Natalee! We heard the idea in our Sunday school class, and I just LOVED it. It is based off of the Christmas story, with the gifts that the 3 wise men brought baby Jesus. You can get more detailed every year, and help your children truly understand the meaning of Christmas. This year, there won't be much detail! In a nutshell, you buy: one gift that your child NEEDS, one gift that your child WANTS, one gift to further develop their relationship with JESUS, and one gift from SANTA. There...that's it! No more of this 'I have to buy him something else, because I bought her something' to be even stuff. No more 'cheap toys that had no meaning' any more. Each one of Natalee's gifts were thought out, planned and bought. I LOVE it! This should also help you with your Christmas budget. :) Instead of just 'buying' to 'buy,' each gift had a purpose. We spent more on the individual gifts, so it's not just the 'cheap' stuff either.  Since Natalee's birthday is also in December, this works out even better for us. Besides, when you have grandparents, there really is no need to buy a lot of gifts...they do it for you! (Thanks Mom and Dad!) Anyway, I am super excited to be starting this tradition. Children these days 'have' way too much as it is. Thanks for the idea Kristen!
  Speaking of Christmas crafts, we went to the library to make a few of our own! We had a great time. Natalee is really enjoying the library, and I am so glad she loves books! There were several tables set up, and each one had a different activity to do. Natalee loved gluing the tissue paper to the Christmas tree that we cut out of green construction paper.
Fun!
We also made Christmas cards, but I forgot to take a picture of that. She loves to color,
so she really enjoyed making the cards. She wanted me to draw her on each one of them, and laughed when I made her bow ridiculously big! She's a hoot. Her favorite activity was painting on our own wrapping paper. She loves all things art! I still can't decide what hand she will write with!
She had so much fun!
I love this time of year, and am so blessed to be sharing it with Natalee. Merry Christmas!

"And this will be a sign for you; you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying  in a manger." Luke 2:12
 
Krystole

2 comments:

  1. Love love this idea!!! We will be using this idea and the ones above for Advent next year! I'm so excited about them thank you so much for sharing! Love your blog Krystole!!!! It is so exciting to have blogs to read so that we can learn so many great things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love all the new traditions as well!!

    ReplyDelete