Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Laugh and Learn

Last Thursday, the 1st, was our first adventure to the library for a program called "laugh and learn." It is geared towards toddler/preschool aged children, and starts at 11am every Thursday, and 12 pm every Friday at the Northwest Branch. I have been wanting to do this since I quit my job, but just haven't found the time. I am so sad now that I have gone a couple times! I don't think we will miss again! Natalee LOVES it! It is a 30 minute program (perfect for my little wiggle worm). There is a huge basket in the middle of a fun round rug filled with books, scarfs, bells, shakers and puppets.

What should I get into first?
They sing lots of silly songs that involve movement. Today we did the wheels on the bus and the hokey pokey to name a couple. Most of the songs I have never heard before, so it's fun to learn new songs to take home and sing. They also read a book (today we missed it because we were running late, that doesn't sound like me at all?! LOL). After the program is over, they have coloring pages and crayons set up in the actual library to color on.

Actually using her RIGHT hand...this is a first....
This is a perfect time to check out some new books. We have read to Natalee every night since she was born. She has such good vocabulary, and I know all the reading has helped with that. She LOVES books

Reading one of the books from the basket.
 I asked her this morning if she wanted to go to the library, her response, "to get my angel dress, and friends, and books?" EVERY dress she puts on is an angel dress. She was an angel for Halloween, and hasn't forgotten it! She has such a good memory!
All the scarves are her "angel dress"
One of her favorite things (besides the angel dresses) are the egg shakers. I think she is confused about why the eggs at home don't sound like that. She tries to pick ALL of them up, I forgot to get a photo of this.
Natalee with her 2 favorite things....
egg shaker and an angel dress!
We love going to the library! It fun, it's quick and it's free! Next Monday they are doing a Christmas craft from 3:30-4:30. We will be there! I think they are making home made wrapping paper! I can't wait! Mary...you should come too! ;)

Krystole

No comments:

Post a Comment