Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Advent Events

So, it's Christmas time! This year I am starting the tradition of the advent calendar. I got together with a lovely group of girls from my church, and we made the ornaments for the "Jesse Tree." It was a lot of fun! You buy the book (I got mine from Mardels thanks to Kara!), and each night has a devotion to go along with one of the ornaments you made. So far we have learned about creation, the sin of Adam and Eve, Jacob's Ladder, Noah's ark  and the 10 commandments to name a few. It goes through  events leading up to the birth of Jesus.

This was on the first night, Creation.
 We are also doing a "fun" advent calendar. This is a countdown to Christmas, and each night is filled with a fun activity to do. Amongst these have been: listening to Christmas music, decorating our own wrapping paper, making a felt finger puppet nativity scene and calling the grandparents and singing "Away in a Manger."
Putting together our finger puppet nativity.
Coloring our wrapping paper.
Daddy and Natalee.


Singing "Away in a Manger"
I am also doing an idea I found off of Pinterest (can you say addicting?). We checked out 25 books from the library, so this is a FREE fun idea!! You wrap each of the 25 books, and let your children open one each night to read before bed! We have had a great time doing this, and it will also help Natalee to understand the "unwrapping" process before Christmas and her birthday! She LOVES that she gets to pick out which book! I LOVE that it was free! :)
I think this was like day 6 or so!

Really excited about this one!
I love her little smile! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment