Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Jelly Beans

"I need to go potty on the big girl potty." This was the first sentence out of Natalee's mouth this morning (on the 31st). We have been attempting the potty training, and have had lots of accidents, but no potty on the toilet. It is frustrating to say the least! We've been a few days in diapers only, I have not been feeling up to par with the new bundle of joy on the way, and I also knew that I would not be worth anything with potty training. Natalee woke up this morning, wanting big girl panties. I will NEVER turn her down, when she is the one asking! I have been setting the "potty bell" (stove timer) for every 15 minutes. Do you know how many trips to the potty that is?! All that work paid off today. She accidentally went potty on the toilet! She was so surprised. It was literally like 2 drops, but it was potty! She could "hear" the noise, she could wipe her bottom, she could eat a jelly bean! I praised her for like an hour! I was so excited to finally have got some potty out of that child! Then, like magic, it just clicked! She has had 2 accidents in the last 4 days. She tells me that she has to go potty on the big girl potty and she also tells me she needs a jelly bean now. Just like that, she is potty trained! I have been packing a suitcase (LOL) of extra clothes when we leave the house, but so far, have not had to use them! She has only pooped on the potty once though. The little stinker is a morning pooper, and she is quiet when she wakes up. By the time I am in there to get her, there is a nice little surprise waiting for me. I haven't quite figured out how to fix this yet, but who cares...she is two years and one month old...and she is doing great! I am almost positive she is just doing it for the jelly beans though. She is growing up, whether I like it or not! Now that you have read about my kid and her potty...I am done.
Krystole

No comments:

Post a Comment