Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Six

Six. Whole. Years.
Six years since I have heard her laugh.
Six years since I have heard her voice.
Six years since I actually felt Christmas at her house.

Mimi has been gone six years as of today. I miss her so much. I miss the smell of her perfume. I miss her smoker's cough. I miss the way that she would cry because she was laughing so hard. I miss her sitting in her chair. I miss her pretty fingernails. I really miss her voice. I miss her Christmas casserole. I miss the way my Pa used to be. I miss counting all of those Santa Claus' from her collection. I miss her.

She would have loved Jeremy, well, as much as a "tough and anti social" lady could have. She met him once or twice before she passed away, but she didn't get to know him. She would have loved Natalee. Even though things that are loud and happy sometimes irritate her, she would have had so much fun. She would have loved the new baby on the way. This baby (at this moment) would be her favorite because it doesn't make any noise yet!

You really would have just needed to know my grandma to be able to be laughing as hard as I am talking about her. She loved us all, with all her heart. I can write the above paragraph with tears of joy running down my cheeks because we would always joke about how Mimi hated people. We would joke about how kids drove her crazy. We would joke about how she didn't really like anything happy. We STILL joke about these things.

She is missed.

Krystole

No comments:

Post a Comment