Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 2, 2012

Surprise

Today we found out we are pregnant with baby number two! What a GREAT way to start off the new year! My first appointment is on the 24th, but I am thinking this is going to be a September baby. We had a harder time getting pregnant with Natalee, the better part of a year, due to my hypothyroidism. The more "off" your numbers are the more sterile you become. Month after month went by, and still no baby. God saw us through that time, and reassured us our time would come. Patience has never been my strong point. God blessed us, and we found out we were expecting in May of 2009. Since we only have one baby to go off of, and since I still have hypothyroidism, we chose to not get back on to birth control. I have been off of birth control since the summer of 2008! We had faith that God would know the perfect time for us to become pregnant again. With all of this in mind, we decided to start trying again, assuming it would be much later in the year before we actually became pregnant. Our God is an awesome God! He decided to bless us right off the bat! What a surprise it was! With the last pregnancy it was month after month of disappointment, this time, I got to experience what it feels like to say, "I think it's time for another baby," and for it to happen just like that. I am so thrilled to have had this experience. I know that we have been able to connect with many other married couples who have had trouble becoming pregnant, and now we get to connect with many other married couples who are the so called, "fertile mertiles!" God has a humor doesn't He?
We couldn't wait to share the big news with our families, and of course, make it facebook official, so off to the planning and scheming we went!
After a day or two of debate, we had agreed on what we wanted to do. Thanks to my best friend, Mary, we got it done!
I had her meet us at an awesome brick wall, and she snapped the picture for us! I then went home and edited in the numbers and such on my program. I love the final product. We wrapped them up (one for my family, one for his) and had them open the framed picture. It took them only a second to realize what was going on, and everyone was crying in excitement. I think this was the perfect way to announce our new blessing!! We also wrapped the first outfit we bought 'the baby' (Natalee) last time. It is a little duck outfit, with a duck on the bootie. I loved that outfit, and Natalee wore it in the hospital. Now, our new bundle will also wear it! We are not finding out the sex (again), hence the gender neutral outfit! I can't wait to see if this baby will be a boy or a girl! SO excited!
I am so glad God has entrusted us to another child. It is the biggest and most rewarding responsibility. Thank you Lord for this blessing, we can't wait to meet him or her.
PS. This explains why Natalee's birthday party was SO exhausting!!
Krystole

2 comments:

  1. Eeeek! Congrats!!! Love it that you are having a surprise baby! We aren't going to find out the gender either, makes it so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I agree! I wouldn't have it any other way. Did you find out with your first? I love the surprise!! When are you due?

    ReplyDelete