Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Resurrection Eggs

Now, I love Easter just as much as the next person. My brother (who is 24) and I, still dye Easter eggs every year...and get Easter baskets. Yes, we are spoiled, yes my mom thinks we are still children, and yes I am ok with all of that. Now that Natalee Grace is in the picture, we kind of play it off like, "we are really doing it for her," but lets be honest, it's still just for us. Anyway, back to Easter. It is so easy (and fun) to get all wrapped up in the fun of it. Let's be honest, who doesn't love filling up a basket full of goodies for their cute little bunnies to find on Easter morning? Who doesn't love dying Easter eggs and having competitions to see who's is the best (mine)? Who doesn't love hunting Easter eggs? Ok, I am sure there are some of you who really don't...but I will just say it's because your Easter was never as cool as ours. I love everything about Easter, but I don't want to forget the TRUE reason of the celebration. Jesus. I want Natalee to grow up knowing why we celebrate. I want her to know the love of her Savior. I want her to know Him. I want to teach her about Him. I want her to grow up knowing that there is nothing that she can do that will separate His love from her. I want to take as many opportunities as possible to share God's word with her. So, with all of that in mind, I found this on pinterest (where else?), and will be making it, and wanted to share it with you all. I wish I was a cooler blogger and new how to link you to this persons blog and such, but I am not. So, I copied and pasted her blog information. I am sure you can find it on pinterest if you are interested in putting it on one of your awesome boards...or it will just give you an excuse to get onto that amazing site.

Supplies:
  • Six empty plastic eggs
  • Stickers or markers
  • Heart sticker
  • Band-aid
  • Paper cross
  • Tomb formed out of clay
  • Rock
1)  Using stickers or a marker, put a letter on each egg to spell the word Easter.
2)  Using the pictures below, fill each egg with the corresponding item.
E is for Each of us.  God loves everyone.
(Heart sticker)
A is for A broken world, so He sent His Son.
(Band-Aid)
S is for our Sins that Jesus took away.
(Paper cross)
T is for the Tomb where He lay for three whole days.
(Clay tomb)
E is for the Empty tomb.  The stone was rolled away!
(Stone)
R is for the Risen Lord.  Jesus is alive today!
I shared the story of Easter with my little ones opening each egg as we went through this poem I wrote.  Of course, I added extra narration as well!  You can easily store the eggs in a small plastic bag or basket with a copy of the poem.
“Easter”
E is for Each of us.  God loves everyone.
A is for A broken world, so He sent His Son.
S is for our Sins that Jesus took away.
T is for the Tomb where He lay for three whole days
E is for the Empty tomb.  The stone was rolled away.
R is for the Risen Lord.  Jesus is alive today!
I am so grateful for crafty toddler people. I can't wait to make this tomorrow, and to share it with Natalee on Easter morning.
Krystole

No comments:

Post a Comment