Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Funeral Flowers

A sweet old lady passed away this week. Her name was Kirk...and my dad is named after her. Brian Kirk. She was 98 years old, and although I have few memories of her, every time I think of her, only good thoughts come to mind. This being said, we met my parents, grandad, and Great Aunt and Uncle, and a Cousin in Spearman, OK to attend her funeral. It was such a sweet service, which I cried through. Just the vision of her being in the arms of Jesus, and the sweet songs that were sang, and the sweet memories of her that were shared, really made me emotional, even though I don't really know her. I hope that someday (far away), my funeral will be much of the same. All the people I love, coming together in one place, to help celebrate my life. I hope there are happy memories shared, and great stories to tell. I hope they can rest assured that I am resting in the arms of Jesus. I hope the best songs are sung, and I hope people are crying because they are happy that I have finally been made "complete." I really want my funeral someday to start at about 10:13...because everyone who really knows me, knows I am ALWAYS late! This is one of the "best" funerals I have ever been too. A sweet (how many times will I write "sweet" in my blog today?) little old lady who loved her family, her friends, and her God passing away peacefully.

This is a pretty morbid blog, I will admit, but the presence of Jesus and His Glory were made known that day, in a little ol' church in a little ol' town. She was laid to rest in the middle of nowhere...literally, we drove forever before getting to the cemetary, next to her husband whom she loved so much.

And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
Revelation 21:3-4

Krystole


Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment