Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, September 30, 2011

Cleaning Out the Closet

No...literally...I cleaned out my closet! :) What an AMAZING feeling!

I have SO many clothes to take to Goodwill and to Platos Closet, it's actually A LOT ridiculous! Every time I have gone through my clothing, I always hold on to a few "hopefulls..." hoping some day I will get back into them! This time, I told myself NO! I thought I would be way more depressed by getting rid of all of those skinnier jeans, when in fact, it has had the complete opposite effect. I now feel happier getting into my closet because I know EVERYTHING in there will FIT me NOW!! Instead of looking at the clothes that I wished I could fit into and getting down on myself for not being able to, I just threw them out. Now, it's a party every time I open up my closet door. I know, seems silly right? There was just something SO freeing about getting rid of all the old. I no longer have skinny jeans and fat jeans...I just have jeans that fit. I no longer have skinny shirts and fat shirts...I just have shirts that fit. My confidence has gone up so much since I did this. Who would have thought? Definitely not me. It's just so refreshing, and so much less "pressure" to open that closet door now. Do I wish I would have fit into more of those clothes, yep. Had I worn them in the last year, nope. If I do lose weight, will I want new clothes, yep. That pretty much sums it up. Why hang on to our "old selves"...we just miss out on our "present selves." I may not love my body...there are plenty of days I barely like it...LOL...but I am who I am...and NO, I will NOT be doing a cleanse or some crazy "all-shakes-no-food-starve-yourself-to-death" diet. I am starting to love me...just for me. I have found myself dressing up WAY more because my closet no longer wins the fat battle every time I open the door! I challenge you guys to look through your clothes. It may be really hard to let some of those dreams of skinnier days go, but man was it SO worth it to me! As long as you are not "coming out of the closet" I have no problems with this transformation. Just a little side note...not even my skinny jeans were that skinny anyway!

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."
Romans 12:2

"Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body."
1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Krystole

No comments:

Post a Comment