Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, August 19, 2011

Me Monster

Being content... 
"Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”  Hebrews 13:5.

This is SO hard in the society we live in today. No one lives contently. We are built on a foundation of selfishness, wants, desires, and instant gratification. If you want a new car, get a loan. If you want a new house, get a mortgage. If you want new clothes, put it on your credit card. Everything we are surrounded by is "instant." TV...instant...internet...instant....microwave...instant...cell phones...instant!!
(side note: Dave Ramsey would be SO proud of this paragraph!)

Learning to be content in a world that tells you otherwise is tough. I know I have my fair shares of "me monsters" and "I want it nows" and I am not proud of that. One of my biggest struggles right now is being content at my place of work. For those of you who know the whole situation at hand, you couldn't agree more I'm sure! In my mind, I'm trying to be content in working at St Paul's, but my mind and heart are WAY different things. I'm in a place of constant longing to stay at home with Natalee. It's all that I have to just go to work each day.

What can I learn from this you ask? To thank God for the many blessings He has given to us. I need to learn to be more content (glad I got that off my chest). Instead of dreading my job each day, I should thank Him for the income that it provides for my family. I know many a people desperately looking for a job and more money. Instead of longing to stay at home with Natalee, I should remember that He blessed me with the ONLY job that I didnt' have to be away from her.

Positive thinking...many counselors have said it's the right thing to do! (maybe I should look into one of those!) Jesus asks us to "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding" (Proverbs 3:5). I know that I trust in the Lord...and I know there's a LOT I don't understand...so why is it so hard to combine the two?

As long as God wills it, I am planning on quitting my job in December to stay at home with Natalee and our future children. I hope that I can look more "positively" about the blessings that God has given me, and not take this time for granted. Always hoping for the "next stage" in your life to happen, wastes the "current stage" of life that you are living....wow...that was pretty good, maybe I should write a book or something...

I encourage you to live EACH day to its fullest. To love and trust the One that we are living this life for. I'm sure the "me monster" will be back very soon, but when it does, I'm hoping to remember to be more content!

(after I quit my job, I may need to refer back to this post, to remember to be content about money!! I'm sure that is a whole other "me monster" waiting to happen....)

Krystole


I can't help but LOVE this girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment