Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, August 1, 2011

Love IN Marriage

The title of this post is very fitting to me. So many people say, "love AND marriage"...but I think a better way to look at it is, "love IN marriage." "Love" and "marriage" should not be two separate things. I want to have love IN my marriage! Yes, I am talking about mushy, gushy, head-over-heels love IN your marriage.

Jeremy and I just celebrated our 5 year anniversary on July 29th! FIVE whole years of bliss! OK, maybe not every waking moment....but most of them. Jeremy and I have such an amazing marriage. It is God-centered and selfless. He really is the man that God needs him to be for our family. Having God be the focus of our marriage is by far the best decision we could have made. I strive (long) to be the bride of Christ and the woman that God is talking about in Proverbs 31. Am I perfect at this? NO, not at all! Does this mean I just give up because I will never be that perfect woman? NO, not at all! God has so much in store for us as husband and wife. I will continue to press on to be the woman that God has called me to be.

Now for some details: Our 5 year anniversary was spent in Santa Fe, NM! The weather was amazing, the shopping was amazing, the food was amazing, the time alone was amazing. There's just something about that cool mountain air, and the rugged-hotness of my husband! We had a great time walking around the downtown area. We enjoyed an appetizer from one restaurant, a carmel-apple at a home-made candy shop, and of course, lots of good mexican food! This weekend was sponsored in part by: My parents, who kept Natalee for us, Mary and Kyle Lodholm: who watched our animals, and Christina Guy: who gave us an amazing deal on a hotel room with her employee discount! Talk about having some great people in our lives!

We struggle everyday to be the people that God has called us to be. Every day situations arise, and I don't always make the best choice. The point of my story is, I'm not giving up. I will not allow Satan to win. We are really working harder at specific areas in our lives to be more Christ-like. Some of them being: our finances (we LOVE you Dave Ramsey!!!), our parenting (we LOVE you Natalee Grace), our friendships (you know who you are!), our quality time (bring on the family night), and our healthy habits (I don't quite love the gym as much as I should....), like I said WORKING on it!


I pray that each of you continue to fight the GOOD fight, and press on towards the ultimate goal: a closer relationship to the ONE who loves you. (I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:14) Not being perfect is something that is always going to be there, giving up means that Satan has won. I would rather fail a thousand times, knowing that I tried, than give up and let Satan have a hold on me. Continue to grow in the Lord, together with your spouse. It will be the greatest blessing...and will lead you to love IN your marriage.

Krystole


Still loves to kiss his bride!

5 year anniversary!


Loved this day!


Proverbs 31:10-31
10 [b]A wife of noble character who can find?
   She is worth far more than rubies.
11 Her husband has full confidence in her
   and lacks nothing of value.
12 She brings him good, not harm,
   all the days of her life.
13 She selects wool and flax
   and works with eager hands.
14 She is like the merchant ships,
   bringing her food from afar.
15 She gets up while it is still night;
   she provides food for her family
   and portions for her female servants.
16 She considers a field and buys it;
   out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
17 She sets about her work vigorously;
   her arms are strong for her tasks.
18 She sees that her trading is profitable,
   and her lamp does not go out at night.
19 In her hand she holds the distaff
   and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
20 She opens her arms to the poor
   and extends her hands to the needy.
21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
   for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
22 She makes coverings for her bed;
   she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
23 Her husband is respected at the city gate,
   where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
   and supplies the merchants with sashes.
25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
   she can laugh at the days to come.
26 She speaks with wisdom,
   and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
27 She watches over the affairs of her household
   and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
   her husband also, and he praises her:
29 “Many women do noble things,
   but you surpass them all.”
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
   but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
31 Honor her for all that her hands have done,
   and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.


3 comments:

  1. Love reading your posts! Kyle and I are truly blessed to have you and Jeremy's friendship! Your marriage is definitely an inspiration to us! Love you, friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love doing it, and hope to keep up with it better! :)

    ReplyDelete