Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

32 Weeks

32 weeks was VERY eventful for us. We had a labor scare, and were admitted into the hospital. I was having contractions every 2-5 minutes. They were reaching the top of the monitor screen every time. It was pretty painful! It started around 7 pm...and we arrived at the hospital around 8:30 pm or so. At 32 weeks, the boys chance of survival is great, but definitely a lot of NICU time. You develop the skill to suck and swallow at 33 weeks and the lungs aren't fully developed until around 36 weeks. We were very nervous. They ended up putting me on blood pressure medicine, called procardia. It's actually for high blood pressure, which I don't have, but it also has been found to stop contractions and slow labor. Well, it worked for me! We stayed in the hospital two nights for monitoring. By the time we left the hospital, I was back to having 2-3 contractions an hour. I am now dilated to a two. I am so glad that God chose to keep our babies in the womb for a little while longer! The ultimate goal is 36+ weeks. Sometimes it feels like I can make it SO easily...the next day, I am wondering if they will be here by the end of it! Although I am excited to meet Aiden and Barrett, I do hope and pray that they will stay put a few more weeks. Bed rest is same ol' same ol'. I've been on bed rest since June 7th! It has been a LONG time! I have the best husband around, who hasn't complained once, and has done SO much for me. We have the greatest friends and family anyone could ask for. Babysitters, meals cooked, cleaning done, shopping done...seriously, great friends and family. The end of this is near...and the beginning to a whole other chapter is upon us. Can't wait.
Krystole

No comments:

Post a Comment